10CR Spares List - Who is taking what?

Ellis

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss what spares / tools people are thinking about taking.

One piece of advice I will give, if you think you have something not right with the car, and you're taking a spare "just in case" - change it before you go!

I'll start it off...

Ignition/carburation/fuel service items, plugs, leads, spare coil, spare distributor (in case the Amethyst fails).

Spare water pump, fuel pump, alternator. Radiator fan in case the electric one fails or it is very hot weather. 4 fan belts to cover differing pump and alternator pulley size combinations.

Spare rear halfshaft (with modified brake backplate so it can used either side), front brake pads.

Hoses and clips, electrical spares/bulbs/fuses, exhaust brackets/clamps/repair paste.

Headgasket and other common gaskets, gasket paper/Hylomar, copper grease.

Engine oil/gear oil/brake fluid/premixed coolant.

Small lightweight trolley-jack and 2 small folding axle stands.

Spare O/D switch (gearknob type)

Basically, I'm only taking stuff that I would be prepared to remove and refit by the side of the road. Normal tools and a socket set, plus specific sockets for hub nuts, etc.

Quoted from sparky_spit-

I'll start it off...

Ignition/carburation/fuel service items, plugs, leads, spare coil, spare distributor (in case the Amethyst fails).

Spare water pump, fuel pump, alternator. Radiator fan in case the electric one fails or it is very hot weather. 4 fan belts to cover differing pump and alternator pulley size combinations.

Spare rear halfshaft (with modified brake backplate so it can used either side), front brake pads.

Hoses and clips, electrical spares/bulbs/fuses, exhaust brackets/clamps/repair paste.

Headgasket and other common gaskets, gasket paper/Hylomar, copper grease.

Engine oil/gear oil/brake fluid/premixed coolant.

Small lightweight trolley-jack and 2 small folding axle stands.

Spare O/D switch (gearknob type)

Basically, I'm only taking stuff that I would be prepared to remove and refit by the side of the road. Normal tools and a socket set, plus specific sockets for hub nuts, etc.

I’m following you Mike! 

😉🤣

Will be taking(all for a TR6)

1) a complete ignition set for the 6 (e.g. complete dizzy and leads with coil plus a set of plugs). Also running amethyst but could bypass if needed

2) clutch master and slave

3) an assortment of pipes, jubilee clips and wire

4) Fuel pump

(can't bring a spare water pump as the one have has been modified for the supercharger)

5) Accelerator cable (Saved me 40 miles from the end of the last RBRR)

6) plenty of relevant fluids (Including silicone brake fluid)

7) bulbs/fuses/relays etc

8) fan belt (specifically for the supercharger setup)

Cheers

Tim