I'm a member of the RAC, so just rang them for a quote for 5days European cover.

The best they can do is £20 (50%) more than I paid for the 2011 10CR !

Anyone else had any quotes?  Has it gone up that much?  If it has then I guess I'll just be to pay the extra .  Just wondered what everyone else is getting quoted ?

Roy  8)

bobyspit wrote:
My 2009 breakdown in the 10CR was covered by my insurance breakdown. No issues and comes with my cover.

Always had cover via my insurance as well - just not had to use it and don't intend starting now either !!

Having had the pleasure of breaking down twice in 2 days on French motorways (but that's a different story) I can strongly advise to carry Breakdown cover.
Normal recovery companies are not allowed to operate on the motorways, you have always to go through the Gendarmerie (phone # 17) and they will send an agreed truck. First time I never saw the bill, but the second time i noticed the sum, nearly 200 Euro's for what amounted to a 20 km round trip for the truck. You pay the distance from his station to breakdown to station again. In my case it was weekend and before 6, so that added some % surplus to the bill.
Once off the motorway you are allowed to do whatever you fancy. The truck driver also told me that legally you are not even allowed to give your mate a tow to get him off the motorway
Luckily for me our breakdown cover took care of all the bills.

Dirk

Two things to look into.  Some company's will only pay up to the agreed value of your car to recover and or bring the car back to the UK.  Some offer a hire car for the remainder of the entire trip while some none or only enough time to get back to the UK.  Or so I have been told.