Castle Combe Action Day

Mad Mart

Performance Car Action Day
Saturday 19th April 2008

There are a few of us attending this event (not for the faint hearted). Anyone else up for it?

Trackerjack & Trackerjill = Dolly Sprint
2Toledos = 1850 Tolly
Mad Mart = Dolly Sprint
Martin B = XE engined Tolly

• 2 weeks later...

You could always hang around the ticket office; sometimes drivers can't make it out for all of their pre-booked sessions (usually due to mechanical failure, or they've been a knob and wrecked their car  ::)) and sell the passes back. Trouble with this is: it's a bit of a 'hit or miss' affair, and they sting you for £30 a go on the day.

There's no chance of me getting the Sprint finished before this event; so, I'll be doing my best to blow up Tara - might even have a pass to sell, myself; if I succeed :'(

Perhaps; but, I'm beginning to think that because she has behaved so impecibly over the last few years, it's only a matter of time before something lets go.

"...fastest 1850..." Probably because it's the only 1850 out there. Don't think I've encountered another :-/ I get the distinct impression that other 1850 owners are frightened off by the Sprints, which is a shame if that is the case, because they're missing the point - it ain't all about being the quickest.... it's about honing your skills as a driver (at least, it is for me), and learning what the car can do. The lust for more speed comes later ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else going on Saturday? I will be there on the TDC stand (parking space) but I don't have any track sessions booked. Trackerjack & Stiglet will be on track as will Martin in his Tolly XE. I have a few FREE admissoin passes left (cost £10 on the day) if anyone wants one..or two. PM me if you do.

Archived