Helpers Needed at Goodwood

Chriss

We need CT members to perform a number of tasks on the Goodwood Track Day, these include registering entrants, administering helmets, answering queries, liaseing with Goodwood, marshaling the paddock, and photographing the day.  These tasks are normally carried out by Competition Committee Members.  However several CCMs will not be able to attend so we will need a small number of volunteers from within the club to take over their duties. I am not sure how many we need just at the moment.  That is to be decided at the next Comps Committee meeting.

Just for clarity: the package from Goodwood includes qualified Track Marshals, so we don't need anyone for track marshalling.

Anyone who will be coming to Goodwood as a spectator and would like to get involved, please list your name below and we will firm up who does what nearer the day.

• 1 month later...

2992 wrote:
I'll be happy to help and will bring Ridgetone V8 (Peter Jackson) along

Hi V8s  

Thanks very much for your kind offer.  Action will start hotting up from about 07:15 in the Paddock.  We'll need marshals to get  entrants only into paddock bays and get spectators and service vehichles out of the way, then from 08:50 on getting each session Qed in the pit lane ready to go at their alloted time.  Goodwood does not have a paddock PA sstyem we can use so this is labour intensive.

Are you up for being there for 07:15?

Cheers, Chris

Chriss wrote:

Hi V8s  

Thanks very much for your kind offer.  Action will start hotting up from about 07:15 in the Paddock.  We'll need marshals to get  entrants only into paddock bays and get spectators and service vehichles out of the way, then from 08:50 on getting each session Qed in the pit lane ready to go at their alloted time.  Goodwood does not have a paddock PA sstyem we can use so this is labour intensive.

Are you up for being there for 07:15?

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris,

We will try our best, but would say 8-9am will be more likely as it's over 3 and a half hours for me to get there and I will be at work till 3am :'(

Cheers
Pete

3122 wrote:
I take it I'm not wanted then?

I'll be there as a spectator, free sarcasm available on demand :)

You can do the 07:15 shift please.  

Thanks very much.

It is vital we get the entrants into a "garage" and keep out everything else.  With 40 entrants we will take up all of the garages, so we to keep species and service vehichles out of that area and we must get the 09:00 session out on time.

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry I am a bit late in offering my appreciation and thanks to all those who made the day a success, but I have only just been able to catch up with Dale.

Thanks Pete, Graham and Mike for organising the paddock;  Tim and Andy for sorting out Sign on and Helmets and Dale for being plunged in at the deep end and successfully hearding cats.

There were more jobs than I have mentioned and I know more people helped out, but I regret I have not been told the full list of who did what, such as mentoring etc, but you know who you are and thanks very much for your contribution.

Cheers, Chris