Evening Autotests

GT6 John

For those who are interested in hooning around a relatively flat field in their Triumph of choice and are based within the Brighton/Gatwick/Eastbourne/Hastings area may like to know that the Eastbourne and Ram Motor Club (ERMC) are holding several of these throughout the coming warm and light summer evenings, starting at 7pm.

They are holding 2 a month, so why not contact them and pop along to one to see what fun can be had.  A grassy field has never been so exciting! :P

For further info see their website:

http://www.eastbourneandrammc.co.uk/page5.htm

The all important thing, of course, is that these events earn points in the much coveted CT championship. ;D

The thought has crossed my mind of getting CT invited club status, but TBH I don't think it's worth it.

Membership of the ERMC is only £7 a year, so IMO it's not worth getting CT invited club status and then CT people paying a nominal sum to take part in chosen events.

Because it's motorsport any activities you do get points with CT. ;D

I got CT invited club status on the more prestigious Downs Rally because that is an event being run in conjunction with the MSA and requires an MSA licence and everything that goes with that.

Thankfully hooning around a field doesn't require a licence!

But as it's motorsport it is has to be run responsibly and is covered insurance wise and recent rule changes mean that if you are meant to carry a passenger as in PCT then said passenger has to be a fully paid up club member
The other benefit of joining a local motor club to do this sort of thing is that they will ,normally , be affiliated to their local region of motors clubs , which will allow you to eter their events as well

Archived