Measurement request - cylinder head

James

Does anybody have the distance between these two points on a 2.5 or 2 litre Mk2 engine? I need it precise, within half a mm anyway. Basically it's the distance between the inlet manifold studs

(I only have a Mk1 head to measure - and it's probably different)

That's great Alex... you 100% :) I need to drill holes next weekend :)

I'm not sure about mm (though that's what I work with) - because I'm sure the Triumph designers would have used inches - and it would be more precise as 6 6/8" or is it likely to be decimal inches 6.75" :)

You need a manifold gasket James..... probably cheaper and definitely more portable than a complete head but having the dimensions you need  ;)

Cheers

Nick

PS. found this today (was looking for something else), but you might find it useful.
http://www.metals4u.co.uk/buying.asp

And if you find yourself in this part of the world I can probably find you a whole cylinder head....

Alex - thanks for that - most useful. In fact you are spot on!

Nick - you are a genius - reminded me that I once scanned in a manifold gasket and measured the distances - this was about 3 years ago. Thanks to my obsessive CAD disorder I found the files! I measured it as 171.65 - so I reckon it has to be 171.45 = 6 6/8 or 6.75"

I'll go for that :-) thanks for the metals link - they have just what I need too.

Alex - as to what I am making - essentially the heads manifold face in aluminium.

Archived