Slave cylinder size?

Harveyzone

Hi there,

I am about to replace the slave cylinders on my Spitfire 1500. According to the books there are two types, 5/8" and 11/16" fitted to pre and post FH80000 cars. Unfortunately my car is a bit of a Frankenstein's child, so I am not sure which are fitted. So two questions...

1) Is there an easy way to tell which ones they are from the ones that I have taken off?
2) Does it mater if I fit the wrong ones in error?

Many thanks,
Tom

You just need to measure the bore of the cylinder!
You'll find pedal pressures are different if you substitute wheel cylinders. If they fit and you fit the same ones to both sides I can't see much harm being done but others may have differing opinions.
Tony.

nang wrote:
You just need to measure the bore of the cylinder!
You'll find pedal pressures are different if you substitute wheel cylinders. If they fit and you fit the same ones to both sides I can't see much harm being done but others may have differing opinions.

Thanks. That was my assumption. I am not sure I have anything suitable for measuring the bore to 1/16".
They all should fit. All the other brake components are the same so it should just be a like-for-like swap. I think externally they are the same.