Zenith Stromberg 150 CDS

TonyCo

Hi everybody,

I'm a little confused with my carbs on my GT6 MkII 1970. I had CDSE which I removed because I didn't want to have the emission control temperature "thing" which in my opinion is adding more trouble to a simple carb. So I purchased a recon set of 150 CDS. My question is do I need the insulators and gaskets (carb to manifold) with or without the cut out ? And what happens if you use the ones without the cut out, this is what I currently do .

Cheers,

Tony

I think the cutouts are so air can be drawn/let back in the diaphragm chamber and allow the piston to move up down relative to inlet pressure and the piston spring . I could well be wrong though as i have not looked at any for ages. Look at the carbs and you should be able to tell if you want the cut outs or not.

I accidently fitted the insulator the wrong way on my car, blocking the hole off and it ran like a pig! stumped me for a while. I cant think what its for without looking at it but I'd guess at it having something to do with the choke? I'd stupidly sold my CDSE's as I took the car off the road for a while and had some HS6's to go back on it for when I found time to getting round to sorting its many issues. I kept the original manifold though and in the end decided against the HS6's for now and found the above carbs from a 2000. They run perfect after a rebuild  and I've found them easier to set up than the CDSE's.