stromberg o ring

bond

My stromberg carbs have a steady trickle of liquid gold comming from them. Anyone point me in the right direction to finding some o rings to cure this. I have tried every show i go to and the spares shop on the oldbury island motorway junction (shop name escapes me). Desperate now, cars almost undriveable. Thanks for any help,  Dave.

Actually the "O" rings in the Stromberg CDs have a thicker section than those found in the usual kits.  As far as I could find out they seemed to coincide with a German standard.
The ones in the normal kits will seal for a while but then seem to shrink or harden and leak.
Remember that there is also an "O" ring on the jet as well as the large one on the jet holder.  Both can fail.
The correct "O" rings are available from Canley's I seem to remember from previous posts.
Maybe a search of old threads will help.

Whilst apart, check the condition of the bore in the bottom of the float bowl.
I have struck a few with deep scratches in them which required some careful attention in case they contributed to the leak (can't say they actually did).
Has me tricked as to how they got there as these carbs came from different people and histories unknown.  
Anyone else encountered this?
Am wondering if they happen during manufacture.

Archived