Early Spitfire/GT6 Repair Panel

mikeyb

Having poked a hole in the bottom of the Mk1 GT6, I'm on the look out for a repair panel to save me the time of making one!  Yes I know it's straightforward but by the time I have found a suitable bit of metal, made a template then cut and shaped it, I'd be quids in with a ready made one!

The bit I'm after is the vertical section that goes from the back of the rear valance to the boot floor.

I've done a trawl of the web and can't find anything so far, just complete boot floors,  Does anyone know if this section is available separately anywhere?

JensH wrote:
Is it the vertical part of the boot floor?

Yep that's the one!  Thankfully the bottom edge of the rear valance looks ok so far, although I've not done any cutting/trimming on the rotten vertical section yet.  

The fuel tank was a bugger to get out - for some reason (pattern tank maybe) it was well and truly wedged in place!

You can be lucky, if rear valance is not shot - then its easy to fabricate the correct curve - as I guess you already know. Have seen pattern boot floor panels with a very small vertical part (even as a straight line in some). Don't know how good the new heritage panels are though, have changed several rear valances on the early cars, but only once a complete boot floor.