Dolomite or Toledo (Unsure which) OSF Drivers Door For Sale

68spitfre

Good morning all,

I have just joined the forum as I am in the process of clearing out my garage and have unearthed all my old Dolomite/Toledo/Sprint parts.
I ran a 1850 Dolomite and a Sprint in the 90's as daily drivers and have until two years ago owned ( for 29 years ) and fully restored a 1968 MK3 Spitfire so Triumphs were my game.
It is now time finish clearing out my spares, the Spitfire stuff has all gone.

So over the coming weeks / months many more items will be posted here.

Today I have a door shell, Off Side Front ( Drivers ) which I thought was for a Dolomite, though it may be for a Toledo.
The only reason I question this is because if I recollect the door latch was different between models and I cannot remember which this is.

I purchased a pair of these back in the 1980's / early 90's. Sold one way back then and this one has been dry stored in my garage ever since.

It is a bare shell, it has no rot whatsoever, it has never been repaired and has no filler !!
The only thing I can see is a slight swelling in the skin around where the door handle fits ( see pic ) and slight surface corrosion.

The door in in grey primer ( and lots of dust ) and could have originally been a dark blue. ( the door is still as bought I have not done anything to it ).

Looking for £100 with buyer collection from South Dorset.

Any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Good afternoon Pete,

Many thanks for the suggestion. I do not personally use any Social Media (too old fashioned) but yes it did appear on Facebook after a forum member on the Triumph Dolomite Club posted a link there.

Hopefully it will eventually go to a good home and get another car back on the road.

All the Best

Richard.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, it's not useful to me and too far anyway, but if you need a quick sale you might want to bear in mind that, nice as it is, it's just a shell and I recently bought a pair of rust free Herald doors, complete with all internals, for £50. And I was the only bidder at that price. The market is not buoyant at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...