Triumph Herald door part needed

keith417

The mechanism for opening and locking the door, known as the remote control, in the driver's door on our Triumph Herald is malfunctioning. The small cylinder section that sits in the mechanism immediately behind the internal handle on the door right by the crossover of the two springs has dislodged. I've tried refitting it but very time I activate the handle is dislodges again. See photos

So I replacement - I thought. It appears this part is no longer available from the likes of Rimmer Bros. So searched the web (ebay etc) but come up with nothing secondhand.

Can anyone help? Either with solutions for repairing existing mechanism or where I might be able to get another part either new or secondhand. As you will appreciate it's a vital part for opening and closing the door!!!!!

Thanking you in anticipation.

Keith

Remote Control

Remote Control

Remote Control

Hi Rob,

Thank for replying and for being willing to check our your spares.

I've been doing a bit more tinkering and have managed to get the cylinder to stay in the elongated holes in the panels on either side but the central rod is clearly well worn so it may only be a temporary solution. At least I am able to open the door from the inside for the time being!

Would still consider having a spare to hand in case it goes again.

Hi Rob,

Yes, a bit different but it looks like the fixing holes are in about the same position. As far as I recall the size of the doors on the Herald and the Vitesse are the same.

Although it still functions OK the passenger door mechanism is also worn (only know this as I used that to see what the other one should be like and how it worked). So a pair would be very acceptable. Are you willing to sell? If so, how much? Happy to pay for postage, though I notice you are also in Cambridge group so we may not be too far from each other. I actually live in S Lincs but very close to the border.

PM="Private Message"

If you look at the top of the forum page, just below the bar with the navigation buttons, it should say "You are logged in as" on the left, and "You have x (y unread) private messages" in the middle. Click that bold text to get your forum mail.