Okay, me and two of my friends want to enter this year in my Mk2 vitesse 2.0l, BUT we probably won't be able to make it to the pre rally meeting. Will this be a problem?

Ah! Also do all members of the crew ned to be a member of the club? I will be shortly since I own the Vitesse, but my collegues probably won't be  :-/

Well, I am sure the organiser, Tim Bancroft will reply shortly but in the meantime as a veteran of 2 RBRRs I will see if I can help.

Whereabouts are you? I have offered to run a northern driver's briefing but it will depend upon demand. If you don't get to a driver's briefing you will still be OK but if you haven't done anything like this before it would be better to have some guidance. I expect this forum to get more busy as we get closer to the event and if you have any specific questions here's the place to ask them.

Only the driver needs to be a member of Club Triumph so your mates are Ok there. I should warn them though that once you get into this there may be no way back! ;D  It's great to have you along - you'll really enjoy it and then in 2005 there's the 10 Countries Run to do! ;)

Whereabouts are you?

Chesterfield, Derbyshire. So, we really don't think driving 3.5 hours there and 3.5 hours back 10 days before driving 72 hours non-stop if we can help it :-)

It's great to have you along - you'll really enjoy it and then in 2005 there's the 10 Countries Run to do!

Well, originally, we had heard about the 10cr and were all up for doing that. Then we found out that this year it was the RBRR and figured that would be cool too.

BTW, what sort of age range does the rally cover? we might be percivied as a bit young two of us are 25 and little chris is only 19 ;-)

Derbyshire lads - now you are talking! I left Derbyshire (Alfreton area) 11 years ago at the age of 32 so it is great to hear of someone from that part of the world. I think we need you in Club Triumph as there are enough namby pamby shandy drinking soft southerners in it already! ;D (One of these days I am going to get into real trouble ;D).

Incidentally, if you go into the "profile" bit you can put in a signature like mine - yours would probably say "Vitesse 2 litre - North Derbyshire". I would encourage everyone to do this as it makes it a bit easier when discussing meets etc to know instantly where people are.

My northern drivers meeting if it happens may not be that good for you as I would intend it to be near where I live cos I'm selfish like that! :B

Age range of people, not cars, is basically all ages. I have known families parents and children to do it before now but it would be fair to say that most would be 30+. Don't let that put you off though as fun is not restricted to "oldies" like me ;D

You thoughts of a 3 person crew are very good by the way - we had a 3 man crew in my Vitesse for my first RBRR in 2000 and it works very well. One driving, one navigating and one resting in the back in rotation is very sensible especially on your first go at this. It is possible to sleep in the back of a Vitesse, even one with a roll cage in like mine.

One other thing - you have a local area relatively close to you - South Yorkshire at Birdwell, near Barnsley. Contact details are in Club Torque or on the website. I don't know them but I am sure you will be made welcome and I would hope there are some members who have done the RBR before.

Good luck and I hope to see you as a new member, an entrant in the 2004 RBRR and then in the 2005 10CR. ;)

Be careful with your words !!!!  RALLY indeed !!!!  (The club has to be careful as if you associate rally with the RBRR, the insurance companies get twitchy)... ::)

Your ages will be fine, there are quite a few younger members like myself, just pack plenty of ProPlus and Red Bull (unfortunately without the Double Vodka though) ;D and just remeber to be sensible about taking breaks ;). The key thing is, it's not a race - Isn't that right Mr Raider !!! 8)

I did my first RBR when I was 25 so dont feel like you should bring a flat cap and slippers! allthough my wife keeps threating to get me some due to the time I spend in "triumph land"
Its a very good point its not a race and the cars need only be standard,its not about proving egos its about proving the cars reliability,if the cars are driven within thier limits they tend to last a bit longer!

if you go into the "profile" bit you can put in a signature like mine - yours would probably say "Vitesse 2 litre - North Derbyshire".

Okay Done that :-)

My northern drivers meeting if it happens may not be that good for you as I would intend it to be near where I live cos I'm selfish like that!

Well, as long as its somewhat closer than Enfield, there shouldn't be a problem even though it means driving through the wilds of Yorkshire <shudder>  ;D

Be careful with your words !!!!  RALLY indeed !!!!

Sorry boss, I meant rally as in 'a gathering of like minded indviduals' rather than 'lets see if we can crash our car in Wales' Honest  ;D

Well, I've paid my membership dues now. So, I just have to wait to get the entry form for the RBRR to get our names in the line up  ;)

Welcome to the Club ;)

You will get the RBRR entry form in the copy of Club torque you get - January's is out 3rd week of the month.

I know it's some way off but I can swing by Chesterfield on the way down to the start if you like and you can follow me there. Maybe we could meet at Tibshelf services on the M1 southbound between junction 29 and 28. ;)

Re: Age of entrants in RBRR.
So far we have received one entry from a member who has not passed his test yet, as he is still 16! Don't worry about age, we were all young once and can still remember what it was like to be young-just. The point is that everyone who does the event is generally mad keen on cars, especially Triumphs so we all have common ground.
Looking forward to receiving your entry GigGler!
Tim B

The entry form is also available in the members area of the website -

http://club.triumph.org.uk/members/clubtorque/articles/nov03/rbrform.pdf

GigGleR you'll be able to access this as soon as you've been allocated a membership number.

Keith

:) :)

At least one CT member per car entered, £50/person: So unless you have some kind of special pantographic steering device, you'll need another member.
Don't forget to add your new car onto your signature, or Raider will put his speedos on and get his whip out ... and no one wants that now, do they?

Ignoring Mr Greeks I thought I would get back to you on your 2 car entry.

I entered 2 cars in 2002 with 5 crew members.

My Vitesse was entered with me as the driver and the TR7 entered with another fellow club member as driver.

We then drove both cars in convoy and used a rota system so that  5 of us drove both cars and had a chance to rest/sleep in the back of the Vitesse. This system worked well and, when the Vitesse broke a valve spring, at least there was someone else in close attendance!

This system worked well and, when the Vitesse broke a valve spring, at least there was someone else in close attendance!

Thats the plan, my father is going to drive the Spitfire (if I buy it!) so that he can reign his over-protectiveness over me on the way round  :P  I wonder if I can place him as an additional member after the fact.......

Only £3 pounds to pay rather than £30 for the membership then ;)

I know it's good to save money where possible but 2 memberships = £60 between 5 people. That isn't outrageous is it?  ??) ??)

Are you sure about the over-protectiveness BTW - isn't  it possible he thinks you have come with a great idea and would like to have a go himself? ;D

I know it's good to save money where possible but 2 memberships = £60 between 5 people. That isn't outrageous is it

The others are just along for the ride rather than dedicated followers of Triumph and we don't need two copies of everything from CT in the house ;)

Are you sure about the over-protectiveness

remember this is the man that trys to stop me even leaving the house if possible :/

I know it's good to save money where possible but 2 memberships = £60 between 5 people. That isn't outrageous is it

The others are just along for the ride rather than dedicated followers of Triumph and we don't need two copies of everything from CT in the house ;)

Are you sure about the over-protectiveness

remember this is the man that trys to stop me even leaving the house if possible :/

Isn't there a joint membership deal?

The RBRR could be your opportunity to run away, of course, GigGleR ... you could take a 'wrong turn' and disappear into the distance 8)
We're all fully aware here that 4-pots are inferior so there's no way he could keep up. :P

Quoted from Greeks Isn't there a joint membership deal?

The RBRR could be your opportunity to run away, of course, GigGleR ... you could take a 'wrong turn' and disappear into the distance 8)
We're all fully aware here that 4-pots are inferior so there's no way he could keep up. :P

>:(What are you trying to say Mr Greeks, 4-pots are inferior!!!!!

Archived