I don't think you canget a "nice" Stag for £3500 so go with low expectations  :) Not saying it's impossible but for £3500 I would expect to be buying some problems - and Stags have plenty of potential. Having said that a truly sorted Stag is a thing of beauty, expecially that sound - even though the engine is not the best lump in the world, it really does sound lovely at all speeds.  :K)

I don't think you canget a "nice" Stag for £3500 so go with low expectations 

I already know its got some probs. the bottom of the doors are rusty (but the seller is supplying a set of 2nd hand doors with the car) the soft top needs looking at and rear wheel arches are blistering. All of these problems should be easy enough to fix. IF thats all thats wrong with it.

Biggest problem is that its down on the far side of London, which makes it a bit difficult for me to go and look at it :/

Anyone down there want to take a look for me?  ;D

Exactly where is the car? London's a big place :) I'm not sure how well represented we are in the area you're interested in - I'm in Reading Berkshire but my knowledge of Stags is pretty limited, they've always been somewhat out of my reach and the engine horror stories do create something of an aura! Having said that I've never seen a Stag engine in bits, yet.

Quoted from Jason Having said that I've never seen a Stag engine in bits, yet.

isn't that 'cos they're rather difficult to get into bits?

Somewhat more local to you GigGleR is the Spitfire Graveyard - they've got a 4 or 5 grand Stag at the mo. plus several Spits that aren't broken ... or a Lotus Elite for £5k. Anyway, it might be worth popping over to Sheffield? Use caution when shopping at the Graveyard if you don't know it, but if you're careful there are some bargains to be bagged!

Quote:
Exactly where is the car?

It's in Charshalton Beaches, Surrey. If there is anyone local to there thats willing to go take a look for me, let me know... ;)

Quote:
Somewhat more local to you GigGleR is the Spitfire Graveyard

Ah! God point! I hadn't thought of that. I shall have to go have a look.

I Will find another nice triumph for the RBRR....... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Found one! Bought one! I've just been and paid my deposit on a nice TR4. Gonna pick it up either this sunday or next depending on when I can get my cash out of the bank. Its a £5k hole but its a nice car, even if it is Rally prepped :)

now all I need to do is try and get my father that assoiciate member ship if the club will let me and find another £250 entry fees.Hmmmmm.........

lets see, roll bar, fast road cam, cutoff switches ,fire extinguishers, starnge little navigators light on the dash. It also recently had a new gearbox and clutch fitted. got to go pick it up next sunday and I get to drive it back from Newark :) should be a giggle :)

Quote:
roll bar, fast road cam, cutoff switches ,fire extinguishers, starnge little navigators light on the dash. It also recently had a new gearbox and clutch fitted. got to go pick it up next sunday and I get to drive it back fro

As competition secretary this car has caught my attention! Will we see you out and about in rallies I wonder? A good place to start would be an autotest - Oh, we are organising one! ;D

Right, I have the car now :) it has overdrive on it, which surprised me since I didn't think TR4's had that. Needs a  bit of work here and there (paintwork, some adjustment to the hood perhaps a few sound deadening panels since it screams like a Banshee when its on cam  ;D)

I'm going to have some fun with this ..........

Archived