<sigh> the others I am travelling with in October are whining. They keep asking me for a route map, I don't suppose anyone has a scan of a previous route book available or something? Anything to keep them quiet. :)

• 2 weeks later...

okay, I have it now and it seems to have stopped tehm mewling :D if you like I could scan it and host it somewhere for others to download if they want it. Just let me know.

Also, we've just made some more modifications to the Vitesse we're going to be using in October. We've now go the 1.75" SU's working properly and put some teliscopic shockers on the back. shouldn't sag with three people in it now :D

Toby,

The route that I have sent to you is for the last RBRR, that was run in 2002.

Please note that it will be different this time as we have replaced the Fleet Services (M3) stop with Ringwood and Goodwood. This will add some mileage and time, we will therefore prob. need to nick some time from the earlier stages of the event.

The roadbook will be issued during the Drivers meetings in Sept.

• 2 weeks later...

GigGleR
a scan of the book would be useful, hosted or just emailled to me :-) I can then produce an Autoroute version - the 10 CR's Stretch Mission Control now has better GPS and moving map navigation that is portable so we'll have it in the V8 for something to play with when it fets boring
Thanks 8)

I'll try to get it scanned once I finished doing the dreaded VAT returns  :P but don't forget that, as Tim says, it is the 2002 version which isn't particularly acurate now, since the last part of the route has changed.

• 3 months later...

[quote by=Jason link=Blah.pl?b=route,v=display,m=1083916013,s=5 date=1085849141]GigGleR
a scan of the book would be useful, hosted or just emailled to me :-) I can then produce an Autoroute version - the 10 CR's Stretch Mission Control now has better GPS and moving map navigation that is portable so we'll have it in the V8 for something to play with when it fets boring
Thanks 8)[/quote]

For information, Autoroute used to have a ten second delay on updates from the sat nav feed, which was intended to make it impossible to use AR as a serious real time navigation tool. For safety reasons, I believe.

It is worth realising that patches exist  on the internet that drop this to the one second delay a GPS antenna has anyway.

I've got one for Autoroute 2002 but I'm not a regular visitor here so email me if you need it.

I'm using Autoroute 2004, I haven't tested it yet, against the sat nav in my company car so don't know if it has the same delay built in. I was also given a programme called "Navigator" by a mate but I've yet to install that - must get on and play!

• 3 weeks later...

Ellis Stokes has scanned the route book and will be posting it within this website on Wednesday morning (Not before then as the crews will not have all received their copy)- Thanks Ellis.

In answer to the previous posting by Jason- it seems that you are wrong as The Pearson has in fact considered this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=route,v=display,m=1083916013,s=15 date=1095599817]Ellis Stokes has scanned the route book and will be posting it within this website on Wednesday morning (Not before then as the crews will not have all received their copy[/quote]

Well everyone that was going to attend a meeting should have by now, so for those of you without... here's the 2004 roadbook. I've had to split it in to 3 parts to get it on here... The maps aren't great quality in order to keep the size of the document down, but you'll get the idea. If anyone has problems with it, drop me a line at ellis@triumphtr7.co.uk

Enjoy  ;)

Part 1...

Archived