• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great, I am amazed at the take up of places for the run - it's gonna be outstanding.

I think the website [Sorry, link no longer available]needs updating though as it only shows photos upto 2000 and it lists the current run as 2004 yet the main CT site has the correct upto date details.

• 1 month later...

About the route:  Are we going anywhere near Huttersfield in Yorkshire?  If not how close?  I have friends their who would like to cheer us on if they know where the closest pit stop will be. They all hang out at the Greatest Pub in all of England-The Wagon & Horses in Meltham.  8)

• 3 months later...

Bill: Huttersfield- I presume that you mean Huddersfield. The nearest stop will be Blythe Services on the A1. Be great to see people cheering us on.

Owing to the M25 roadworks at jct 25 we have decided to change the first section of the route, we will now go left out of the 'The Plough' and then go through Cuffley and Goffs Oak to link up with the A10 somewhere near Cheshunt. This will add a few miles but will hopefully be traffic Jam free. 2 nasty junctions to contend with though.

Time was spent at 'The Plough' working out how to get 100 cars into the Car Park, as we thought it is possible.

Thanks Tim:  Sorry I ment Huddersfield as you know from my posts I can't spell er type well.  Looks like that will be our first stop on friday.  Now to figure about what time we should be thier. My friends live in Meltham but I knew Huddersfield was the closest big town.  I met the owners of the Wagon & Horses pub and a few of the regulars last year and we keep in touch.  Bill

The Road Book will give the times that crews are expected to be at each Control Stop, as mentioned the RB is being finished at pres. I will also list these times within this Forum to enable Forum members to come along to the stops.
Obviously some are in the middle of the night- so we will not expect many spectators at these!

The RB is fully detailed and is possibly one of the longest mileage RBs that is used.

Be good to see your friends, Bill.

The start, Goodwood and Blythe are possibly best for atmosphere, however all stops are fun- Conon Hotel is top as everyone is buzzing after just having driven superb Scottish roads with nothing other than Triumphs to contend with.

The part of the route near Crask Inn always reminds me of the time I awoke after having a little snooze to look behind to see 'The Beast' James Elliott's superb 2.5 right up close behind and all the guys in the car just laughing- think one of them was Andy Thompson. Had a word with Rich my mate who was ob. driving to put his foot down- he did and we had a nice little drive!

RBRR- Its gonna be fantastic!

• 2 months later...

Archived