• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone who's done the RBRR before give me some indication of "target" times for waypoints? I'm thinking about 5-6 hours to Land's End? So that's about midnight, then about 9 hours to get back up to the Scottish border (breakfast Saturday), but after that I'm at a loss... It would just be nice to have a rough idea, so we can guage whether we're on target...

All the waypoints are easy to get to in the time - it's certainly no race. All the times are in the route book - go over and see your neighbour!

Start in London around 7pm... then it's Edinburgh Airport at about 3am... JoG for brekkie 8-9am... then it takes most of the day to go through Scotland - Stirling is about 6-7pm... Oswestry is about 3am... then Lands End for breakfast at about 8-9am.

No problems about using any navigation aids, however not necessary as the Road Book is very comprehensive. Do remember that the route within the road book is advisory, however by following the Road Book one will get to travel down some of the great roads that we use.

I think the best way to get around the Country is once the Road Book has been handed out at the Drivers meetings use it to mark up a decent spiral bound GB atlas- no need for a Tom Tom or similar.
Also not sure that using Sat Nav is in the spirit of the event- however whatever!

make sure you keep the 2 cars seperate or u could end up with atritfire lol.seriousnow i drive to austria every yr to see daughter . its 1000 miles it takes me 17 hrs so if rbrun is 2000 miles does that mean its continuous driving. i might enter 2006 run but worry bout thrashing my dolly sprint just had bare metal respray and lowered so if it did  break down at least it would look good lol. could someone let me know how hard the run actually is .  thanks

Tony,

The RBRR is not as daunting as it seems, ok 2000 miles in 48hrs is a fair run. However I think one should think of approaching the event by breaking each section between each conrol stop, once one section has been completed then think about the next one and so on.

As for breaking down, there could be over a 100 Triumph enthusiasts taking part- no worries unless something major. Best to bring some parts- any thing that can be changed within reasonable time.

Dolly Sprints are superb cars for the RBRR, as they are reasonably long-legged and have a bit of power. We usually get about four or five entered, there will be at least 3 on this RBRR.

Hope to see your entry.

Tim Bancroft

• 5 weeks later...

Some of the revisons to last times route are along roads that are a bit special, just driven one part on the Hampshire/West Sussex border- what a road!

Recce starts in late Jan. This involves driving the mew sections and recording mileages at  jcts and pertinient places- quite good fun - will take two weekends. Will prob. use the Mondeo as the odometer is accurate.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, couldn't resist - I've the utmost respect for the organisation of the RBRR and all it's helpers without whom I and loads of others would not be able to enjoy the run. Of course that doesn't mean I won't crack a joke or two but now I'm thinking is Nigel actually big and red and have I ofended him?

I will now really get my coat :-)

Quoted from timbancroft61 So far the following have helped out with the RBRR:

Nigel Abdullah
Derek Pollock
James Carruthers
Steve Waddingham

So much to do still though!

At least getting crews for the event looks sorted Tim, great to see the reputation of the RBRR sells itself and the entry list fills up with eager[s] idiots [/s]enthusiasts. That's a reputation built on hard graft, it's deeply appreciated mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived