The route is not disclosed until the drivers meetings when the Road Books are issued, however we do not drastically change the route each time. As with all things RBRR the route is under evolution not revolution!
There will be some mods to the route through Scotland, Cumbria and Wales- nothing major though.

We do sell old RBRR road books, in fact I have about 20 at home with me, anyone want to send me 8 first class stamps and and your address and I will be pleased to send you a 2004 Road Book.

My address is 42 Greenlands Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4LR

Can I suggest that you buy a AA GB atlas for the event- these now have current speed cameras marked on them. Of course it will not be current at time of the event, ideally you will need a Road Angel or similar Sat Nav system to be totally up to date.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from KevinR but of course it is not a race, and there is no need to speed, ;) so knowing where the speed cameras are located is irrelavent :X

It's more to be on the look out for accident hotspots, which is what speed cameras are supposed to be placed in - so a bit like a warning of a dodgy piece of road... ;)

Thats as good as the excuse when the police catch you untertaking on the motorway.
"I was only moving in queue of slow moving traffic, and my queue was travelling faster than the one on my right, how unfortunate." 
As we all know, the Road Traffic Act does not define how fast or slow "slowly moving" is, neither does it define how many vehicles it takes to form a queue  ;D

Quoted from KevinR, posted Today, 6:15pm at here
"but of course it is not a race, and there is no need to speed,  so knowing where the speed cameras are located is irrelavent"

Comment: - to be spoken in 'Goon Show - Bluebottle' type voice:

"But it's NOT irrelevant . . . it's a Hippopotamus!"

Sorry about that!  For those who are too young to remember The Goon Show, get a grandad to read the post for you

Quoted from mikesloan So, what was so important about this garbage that I needed to be sent an e-mail about it?

::)

purpose of block mail to registerd board members: encourage interest in next years reliability run? possibly?

DOH!

can I have dates, entry cost etc?

I'll be up for that providing dates dont clash with any work commitments and also assuming project orange is finished in time...  car needs - repainting, rebuilding, engine needs rebuilding, thats 10wks estimated by jigsaw, so my aim is easter, god willing etc.

:-/

Can somebody tell me any dates or costs for the RBRR. It is something that I have always wanted to do but never had and never known how to until I came onto this board (admittedly that is me being thick)

I have a TR7 in pieces and a spitfire in pieces but obviously have detailed plans as to having them both on the road and finished by Christmas :).

Anything would be of great help

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sunday Driver
Cost's for the RBRR  It cost's 25 pounds per person (ish) to enter the event . You MUST have a co driver + Enough cash to drive 2000 Miles/80 gallons @25 MPG and 4 pounds a gallon thats about 320 pounds EEEK ... (I am beginning to regret thinking about this), + food and of course your car needs to be capable of doing it.. Do not scrimp on preparation even well prepared cars can fail after two thousand miles . So  if you add the cost of a full service (between 100 - 400 depending on how good you are mechanically). There that's about it , but you can share a lot of cost's with your Co driver(s)..... my brain hurts .PS dont let the wife see this unless she is coming with you....

Archived