Hi all,

I know when we did the RBRR for the first time in 2002, we thought long and hard about what we should take... this ended up being an enjoyable evening down the pub. We then realised we weren't taking an articulated lorry and came up with a slightly shorter list. ::)

I thought it may be helpful to share this with some of the first timers, if to do nothing else than get everyone thinking about how you're gonna get it all in the boot etc. :-/

Anyway, I hope the attached spreadsheet may be of help !!! ;)

That was the reason for the tow rope... we was thinking of utilising the tow bar and dragging round my other TR7 or the Spitfire, but reverting back to the original 8v engine seemed a more economical route. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ear plugs...

2 uses... for trying to sleep... and when your co-driver gets too much :D

E-bay seems very cheap!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ear-plugs_W0QQsoloctogZ9

If someone else wants some then I'll buy a pack... perhaps give them out to all the teams at the start? You can buy about 50 pairs for £2.50!

James

Why do you need earplugs ??)

Just driven my TR7 on a short test run having finally got the 5 speed gearbox and axle in - so quiet after the 4 speed diff which threw oil out and made one hell of a row. ;)

And 5 speeds - just like when I put overdrive in the Vitesse - just transforms the car!

Ellis - shall I speak to S&S again about a spares package? ??)

I need ear plugs because I can't get to sleep without it being deadly quiet and dark... and I don't plan on being awake for 48 hours... or am I just being niave?

I never sleep on planes... errrr... why am I doing this RBRR again?

Congrats on getting that 5 speed in! I had the same experience at Easter when I put my OD in...

Absolutely... 3am Sunday morning you could have a pneumatic drill 6 inches from your head and I guarantee you'll be sleeping like a baby !!

Spares package sounds good Mr Raider... so the 5 speeder was definately a good move then. Having trouble getting mine started. I think the timing is still out, but hard to say as I've put an electronic ignition on. Getting a good spark and fuel is getting through, so I may convert back to see if it's something to do with the leccy setup. More problems... I don't know !!! ::)

• 4 weeks later...

For al the TR7 crews ;)

I have a bag of spares from S&S Preparations - I get a full credit for any not used.

The parts are ignition items like dizzy cap etc, hoses, brake cylinders and repair kits, fan belt etc.

If you need anything on the event call me up and we'll sort it out. ;)

Archived