weather map perusal seems to indicate predominatlet high pressure over the alps for the next few days with a low pressure atlantic system moving through france italy germany swizerland on fri sat this week.  will give some rain this weekend

haven't found anyone ready to comment yet about next weekend

will keep a weather eye out, have more at stake than most (but not all!)

j ;D

just looked at the atlantic charts and there is a frontal system which looks like it may cross western europe on tues and weds with a high pressure area behind it which may establish itself for the 10CR weekend.

no promises yet, but we could be in for a settled weekend for the 9th, 10,11th sept

not ignoring the possiblity of late summer thunderstorms loacally

might charge the batteries!

watch this space

j

OK, here we go

the Atlantic pressure chart shows the low pressure system i spoke about a day or two ago still on it's way, followed by the Azores high.

It appears that the low pressure system will cross the Brit Isles and central western europe on sun and monday wich can be expected to mean damper weather than we have had over the past week

It seems likely that the Azores high will take control of the weather again from the middle of next week, joining up with the high pressure over the european central continent and bringing settled weather through the end of next week and the 10CRweekend.

Still no promises but there aren't a series of atlantic depressions queueing up in the Atlantic.

Might only get slightly damp

J

OK, here we go

the Atlantic pressure chart shows the low pressure system i spoke about a day or two ago still on it's way, followed by the Azores high.

It appears that the low pressure system will cross the Brit Isles and central western europe on sun and monday wich can be expected to mean damper weather than we have had over the past week

It seems likely that the Azores high will take control of the weather again from the middle of next week, joining up with the high pressure over the european central continent and bringing settled weather through the end of next week and the 10CRweekend.

Still no promises but there aren't a series of atlantic depressions queueing up in the Atlantic.

Might only get slightly damp

J

ok met office weather charts for nth atlantic and west europ still suggest soggy days at the beginning of next week, but with no obvious low pressure systems in the atlantic once the previously mentioned systems blow through sun/mon/tues

Talking on a large scale here, wouldn't want to go into valley by valley detail but I would have an each way bet on predominantly dry weather for the 10cr weekend

j

money where the mouth is time

thurs I bet dry in the uk
fri i bet dry france.switz.itly
sat i bet dry itly.aust
sun i bet showers in germany, need the wets for nurburg ring and cool and showery for the sun night stopover
mon, not sure but more likey to be showers than sunshine

I'll keep looking ath the met office charts and update as weds approaches

car 46 as ready as it's ever going to be, just needs the crew and the final luggage adding

Archived