BMW diff in stags/2500

richtriumphnut

i am needing to upgrade my diff soon to be able to handle 380bhp+
in my 2500

i currently have a stag diff in running a rover v8 though stag box, but now seek a more durable slip diff to handle the power of my new engine. i have been told that bmw diff's fit striaght in with limited welding.
i have found this site but prices are sky high http://www.monarch-stags.co.uk/index.html

anyone know what diffs these are, i'm guessing e30 any mods need to?

all help greatfull

rich

Have you considered a TVR diff (btr) also used on Vauxhall Monaros.

These will take an easy 500bhp, are quite compact and should be easyish to mount.
They hang from 4 bolts mounted vertically and are fitted with a (average) LSD.

I've considered the possibility for if/when i ditch my rover V8 for a chevy LS1.

What were you going to do re the trailing arms? You rlikely to rip the studs out with that kind of power.

Can i ask what the engine is?

Can't really help much with the BMW stuff, but its not really bolt in. Bit of fabrication required. Plenty of diff ratios available for the TVR diff - i know i change the ratios quite often on Monaros.

Sounds like an interesting project though. Be interesting to see when it is done.

hoping to start it in the next month, the engine was build for the Tuscan Challenge and as a tvr owner its got every mod possible on n/a. might look to supercharge in the future but will get stage 1 done first. i will look into tvr diffs and bmw and see what fairs best and best value to.

though me and dave would like to see how long the stag diff will last? might be interesting!

i did look at a ls1 as you can buy these with serious standard grunt but stayed british in the end. if i were to replace my engine on the griff though i would more than likely ordered on of those.

rich

Archived