Sixfire with no clutch?

Fredman

Hi guys,

Was out diving today and suddenly the rev. counter started to "jump", the clutch sunk down into the floor. There was some clutch for a few miles but in the end there was no more. Now it can even go into gear. The pedal doesn't seem have any effect now.

Any ideas? I guessing at best it's a broken cable, worst it's clucth thats gone... :o

Thanks and drive safe,
Fred

No cables to break Fred - its a hydraulic clutch.

But it sounds like something has given up the ghost terminally - either seals in the Master or Slave cylinders or possibly a leak in the pipe unions.  

Would be surprised if the clutch plate itself would give up so quickly as you describe.

D

Struggling to see how the tacho and clutch issues are related.... :-/

However, on the clutch side, I would say you have run out of fluid due to a leak somewhere.  If you don't have fluid running down the clutch pedal and dripping on the mat then I would say the slave cylinder is the likely culprit.  Take a look in the clutch m,aster cylinder.  If its empty, you could try topping it up and pumping the pedal a few times.  If the slave is quite knackered it will sometimes bleed itself.  Btw, this last is a waste of time if you have fluid on the mat.....

Correct solution is to remove and dismantle both master and slave cylinders (pretty simple job) and fit new seals.

Cheers

Nick

Hi guys,

Thanks for all you help! It’s definitely a big help for me, and I’ll try to see if I can find the leaks anywhere.
I’ll probably write a few more messages before I’m done – thanks again!

/ Fred

Archived