wlttz

will this work for a diaphram clutch on my 64 herald?   http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-DOLOMITE-1300-1500-1500HL-SPITFIRE-HERALD-TOLEDO-CLUTCH-FORK-CARRIER-/261092492844?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1881263862325881393%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26

does anyone know where i can get a bearing carrier for my 64 herald with a diaphram clutch? i recently changed over from coil spring type clutch to diaphram clutch. i bought a flywheel and clutch kit , and now need the carrier that is mounted on the clutch fork. at least that is what i am told.  ::)

Judging by the description, it's definitely for a diaphragm clutch.
If you're switching from a coil to diaphragm clutch you won't need to get the bearing off the carrier because you can't use either from the old coil clutch.
Or are you asking how to remove the carrier from the arm?

The carrier slides between 2 guides. The guides are held in with tiny pins. To remove the carrier you only need to remove one of the pins and slide the carrier out. I struggled a bit with this too but you'll need to find something to use as a drift and tap the pin through with a hammer.
It took me a few attempts but I found a pop rivet of the right size that I cut down which was strong enough. It's a bit fiddly.
Once you have one out, the carrier can be removed and the other guide can slide out leaving the second pin in place. You can leave it there.
Hope that makes sense.

Jez

Anyone know how to identify the clutch release arms by identifying numbers? Part numbers in the catalogue are 207907 (coil) or 213032 (diaphragm) however mine are stamped BSK1, BSK2 and what looks like BSK 104/3. I have a few of them and it would be handy to know which is which before I fit the wrong one...

490 wrote:
mine are stamped BSK1, BSK2 and what looks like BSK 104/3.

Those sound like die numbers rather than part numbers, just to identify which set of tools the part was cast from in case of production issues.
There is no difference between coil and diaphragm release arms, the difference lies with the bearing carrier.

Cheers,
Bill.