Rubber Seals for rear quarter lights.

Selftapper

Hi,

I am looking to source the rubber seals for the rear quarterlights on a Mk3 GT6.

Is it possible to buy one pice moulded seals or do you just buy a length of rubber seal and cut it to fit ? I see rubber seals advertised on the sites of some of the major suppliers of parts for Triumphs but I did not order them until I got some suggestions from someone who has fitted seals on their car. Any advise and suggestions most welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have recently put my Mk3 back together after a respray.  I had purchased new quarterlight seals but I can't remember where from- probably Paddocks or Rimmers.   They come as a length of straight seal, cut over length.  They need to be cut to length with an approz 45deg angle on the ends, I recommend cutting oversize and doing a trial fit as it is tricky to get the length right even if you have the original seals. On my car the join was located in the bottom front corner of the aperture, the original seals had a small right angled bit of metal that fitted in the seals at the join- I not sure how much this added to the effectiveness of the seal.

Quoted from Chris Bottomley-

Hi,

I have recently put my Mk3 back together after a respray.  I had purchased new quarterlight seals but I can't remember where from- probably Paddocks or Rimmers.   They come as a length of straight seal, cut over length.  They need to be cut to length with an approz 45deg angle on the ends, I recommend cutting oversize and doing a trial fit as it is tricky to get the length right even if you have the original seals. On my car the join was located in the bottom front corner of the aperture, the original seals had a small right angled bit of metal that fitted in the seals at the join- I not sure how much this added to the effectiveness of the seal.

Thanks for that advice. I will leave them a few mm oversize and cut the join at 45 degrees. Maybe apply a little Tech 7 at the joint.