Rear Trunnion Bushes

Dicky Blighter

There's a good chance you'll need to cut the old bolts if they weren't well greased last time. Use lots of copperslip when reassembling to make the job easy next time.
Check the length of the steel tube before assembling, it's not unknown for them to be a little longer than they should be......
Cheers,
Bill.

Well that was easy ;D ;D ;D
Didn't get round to the trunnions at the weekend hospital visits etc. limited the time I had so concentrated on the brakes first whenever I had a few minutes spare, replaced both rear wheel cylinders, new hold down springs etc. as well, finally fitted braided hoses to the front that I've had for 5 months. Had to replace one front brake pipe as well as I cracked it :(
Started doing the trunnions at 6:45 this evening, practically fell out as last person to change them smothered everything with grease. Both trunnions changed, brakes bled, everthing cleared up and put away by 8:45 - result ;D

Lucky bugger indeed. I had to hacksaw mine. There has never been a more akward place to hacksaw... I did discover and airsaw towrds the end.

It's coming to the time when I'm reasembling the back end. Anywhere I can buy trunnion bush kits (front and back) that I get everything, metal bits and alll, as I mashed them all. :D

I bought mine from Canleys (other traders.....blah blah blahh etc) asked for both sides at the rear and nuts and bolts to suit and got everything I needed the next day. The new ones came with 4 metal plates and 2 'O' rings as well as the plastic bushes and metal sleeve for each side but the old ones I took off only had 2 metal plates each side. Book shows 4 so guess last time it was done some bits got left over.

Matt - I find I fly the heli best with the whisky inside me - snag is it also results in the most expensive crashes.

Archived