Overdrive inhibitor switch

Norfolk Spartan

There appear to be a number of different fitments for both the reverse light and O/D inhibitor switches.

My first Vitesse had both mounted on a bracket at the front of the remote, with levers sticking out both sides to operate them (the reverse lever only pointed one way, the O/D one had a longer actuator).

My GT6 also has the bracket but it's only for the O/D switch, with a slotted hub thing to operate it. The reverse light switch is on the gearbox top plate.

I can't remember what the setup is on Tessa, despite having recently exposed it for the engine removal!

I have found the problem the cam has been fitted to the shaft upside down ,cams face downwards rather than up ,so misses the switch, cannot remove the cam the pin will not come out ,looks like a nail has been used for a pin a really tight fit no way it will come out, going to try making a bracket to fit switch to the other side of gearbox ,so switch lines up with bigger cam