1500 workshop manual

thebrookster

Does anyone on here have scanned in images/pdf's/pictures of the engine section of the workshop manual for the 1500 spitfire??

I have the workshop manual for the MkIV, and I have the Haynes manual that covers the lot, however whilst the Haynes covers engine spec etc for the 1500, I would rather refer to a workshop set of figures to be on the safe side :)

Reason for this is my engine shall hopefully (all fingers and toes crossed) be converted from a 1300 to a 1500 over the next 6 weeks or so, but I don't have a manual for that engine. I do not need the full manual, or for that matter the full engine section, just the figures for the engine spec/clearances/tolerances/sizes etc etc.

Cheers,

Phil

P.S (Both my PM and email on here are working!)

Crikey!! That gives one pause for thought:

" Not 100% sure of where the scanners are here (just switched both workplace and country)"

Gives me a mental image of yourself being somewhere like Germany, whilst the scanners are hiking though the Rockies!!! :)

Anyway, on a more serious note, so long as it covers the 1500 engine I don't think the year should matter? The offer is most appreciated, thank you very much!

Cheers,

Phil

It's not very far from the truth, in reality I'm Swedish, used to work in Holland, now I work in Cambridge and a German girl just showed me where the scanner is :)
(and I did hike through the rockies this summer! without a scanner...)

Useful stuff Dave, but what I am looking for is the specific data for the engine, such as endfloats, piston sizes. vlave info etc etc.

In my MkIV book it is all within the the engine section, unfortunately spread around, a little bit in each section rather than the all in one place that would make more sense!!

3182 wrote:
It's not very far from the truth, in reality I'm Swedish, used to work in Holland, now I work in Cambridge and a German girl just showed me where the scanner is :)
(and I did hike through the rockies this summer! without a scanner...)

Scientist?? And maybe even Physicist??

Archived