Local Restoration

melliott

It depends. What can you do? What are you willing to learn? What can you afford? Do you have the time?

Almost all panels are available to buy. Almost all of them will require a hefty fettle to fit properly - no different to when they were made. This is where experience of the cars is the most useful thing you can have. Spending time around them and getting to know them made me realise how much was wrong with my car. So I found a solution by not caring and ploughing on with making it even more wronger. That won't work for all.

ferny wrote:
It depends. What can you do? What are you willing to learn? What can you afford? Do you have the time?

Almost all panels are available to buy. Almost all of them will require a hefty fettle to fit properly - no different to when they were made. This is where experience of the cars is the most useful thing you can have. Spending time around them and getting to know them made me realise how much was wrong with my car. So I found a solution by not caring and ploughing on with making it even more wronger. That won't work for all.

Yeh thats what i mean about being out of my depth! i have restored a car before but the new panels just slotted in to place,
i have a garage
i can weld and have a mig
i have air supply & tools
etc etc etc
but just don't know if i'm confident enough with the panels which need to be fettled so thats why i would like to see a car which is been worked on

Mark

Hi mark
get your hands dirty..whats the worse that can happen???!!!??? if you can do the above you, youre well further ahead than me!! im just 'trying my hand' at the panels on my GT6. very nervous, but if I screw it up, ill learn and then get someone to show me properly!!

im in stafffordshire, and mine is in pieces!! but that's a long way for you unless you happen to be passing through.

tim