13/60 Starting Problems and seats

GarethP

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice really.

Staring problems - when the car (herald 13/60 convertible with a 1500 spit engine) has been left standing for a over a week it is difficult to start - 20+ seconds on the starter to get it going.  Once started it's kicks off first time, every time - even next day.  My guess is that the fuel in the pipes is either draining back to the tank or evaoprating?  Anyone any suggestions?

Also looking for some new seats.  The originals are pretty much shot and, as it's not concours but a good 'every sunny day' car I'mm looking for something a bit more confortable for my more than ample behind!  What does fit without too much modification?  I've heard mention of Saab 900 seats?

Thanks again

G

Saab 900 seats will fit, as will Ford Fiesta seats, Metro GTI etc but most require some subframe modifications - I've seen pictures of Saab seats in a Vitesse, very nice. Nearly went that way myself but chanced on some Sparco rally seats so bought them - extremely comfy!

Tim, thanks for the offer but I'm happy for you to let Josh have it at this time - I guess my look into seats is more long term.  I am probably looking for more modern seats but in the end am probably open to any - provided the condition and price and time (storage issues) is right!

Thanks for the advice Bill.  Will look into gettins a new pump or refurb kit.

Archived