New moulded carpets fitted at last!

100+

The waiting to get round to it was far more painful than the job itself, in the end.

The black brackets are for the xjs seats, before anyone asks...

Newton supplied the carpets, which went in just fine, and i applied some closed cell foam rubber type stuff I bought at an autojumble to try and keep the noise in the cabin down a bit, without resorting to the horsehair felt type stuff which moults everywhere and soaks up water when the roof leaks.

Overall, quite chuffed.  A few more bits and bobs to do, but getting there...

Ah, you lucky man, that looks great. My new car came with threadbare original carpet in the back and some wet mush in the front which I believe may once have been carpet. I replaced it using some offcut house carpet, but because it's not moulded, it looks awful. Just can't justify the cost of proper carpet yet...

Aye, it wasn't cheap.  Somewhere in the region of £130 I seem to remember, but it was a couple of years ago that I ordered it.  I bought direct from Newton Commercial (the manufacturers) thinking that would be the cheapest, but have since found out that triumph parts suppliers often undercut their prices a little bit.  So, shop around!  

Thanks for the kind comments, Russ

Do these moulded sets come with the edge binding as shown on the gearbox tunnel cover, or was that added by you? My personal preference would be to NOT have that binding (which I don't recall being as original), but that's me! ;)

No, it came with that binding, I didn't add it.  It is the only piece of binding anywhere on the whole carpet set however, so at least you wouldn't have to remove much to get the look you want;)

Archived