Original carpet colour???

Green vit 2

A dark greenish grey loop pile, moulded with a very heavy underlay/back cloth was used on all Heralds with the exception of very early 948 cars which had them in other various colours depending on body and trim colour, and early 12/50s which may have used a mottled carpet similar to the Vitesse 6 and of course 13/60s which used a tufted pile carpet colour matched to the interior trim.  Original and new old stock 1200 carpets in particular, are very, very rare and should anyone have any that they are willing to part with a decent set either in part or a whole set, please let me know.....

In the meanwhile, I use Newton Commercial carpets in black which are moulded and similar(ish) to what is standard in a 13/60.

Mark

My herald 1200 1969 has original loop pile carpets which are absolutely knackered. On old felt underlay. They are a faded brown colour. I am fitting my own very dark grey felt back cut pile soon (I am a carpet fitter). Had a daft experience with an idiot on ebay called Danbury classic carpets (or summat like that). He sells you a carpet but then admits he doesnt have it and it will be at least 4 weeks for delivery. Still battling to get him to refund me even though he agreed to. Beware he is useless.

3690 wrote:
Has anyone had dealings with Coverdale Carpets? I asked for some samples,and they sent exactly what I had requested by return of post.I'm tempted by their top of the range wool carpet in grey. My present black one always needs to be vacuumed .

I've not bought from them personally, but over on the Triumph Dolomite Forum theres a few guys who have bought from them and have been very pleased with there set. When it comes to replacing my Toledo's carpets, that's who i'll probably choose.  ;)

However, whether there 'Herald' carpets are a good fit or not is beyond me.

I've always thought of Newton Commercial where the best for Molded carpet sets for Herald's and Vitesse. However, £200 (or whatever there priced at these days) is allot of money for just carpet IMHO.

Regards

Jordan

2504 wrote:

I've always thought of Newton Commercial where the best for Molded carpet sets for Herald's and Vitesse. However, £200 (or whatever there priced at these days) is allot of money for just carpet IMHO.

Thanks for that. It's also £150.00 to get it over here... I think I'll do a bit more hunting around local.

Cheers

Rick