Spitfire clutch disc

CP72

Hello,

I want to replace the clutch on my Spitfire MK3. The car runs a 1300 small-crank engine and a single-rail OD box from a 1500. So I need a special friction plate for it. The one from a Dolly 1300 (20 spline, 6.5”) seems to fit. The question is: can I also use the pressure plate / clutch cover of the Dolly 1300? That would make ordering a bit easier as I could buy a complete set.

Thank you.

Regards
Christian

Quoted from Dogsbody47uk
If you swap to the 1500 Spit flywheel you can use the bigger 7.25 inch clutch of the 1500 Spitfire.

True, but be aware that the fixing bolts on the 1500 are larger than on the 1300, so your bolts will be loose in the holes on a 1500 flywheel. You will need to sleeve them and use big washers - not ideal.

Quoted from RobPearce

True, but be aware that the fixing bolts on the 1500 are larger than on the 1300, so your bolts will be loose in the holes on a 1500 flywheel. You will need to sleeve them and use big washers - not ideal.

Been there, done that. Sleeves are available from Rimmer. No problem in the last 2 years. Also I think a bigger clutch is better on the 13/60s 73 lbs/ft of torque ( same as a Mk 4 Spit). Cheers, Dave.