wheels for my stag

OBE

I would like to change the wheels on my stag and move from 14 inch up to 15 inch at the same time.
I like the standard factory 5 spoke look and have always liked the similar looking revolution 5 spoke design too, so moving to a 15inch 5 spoke revolution seems to be the way forward for me.
Ive seen wheels advertised for the TR range at ET 08  .. is that the same for the Stag also? Or if not does anyone know the ET of the standard factory alloy wheel.
Alternatively if anyone knows a triumph retailer that already deals with revolution wheels and can supply me the correct wheels I'd really appreciate that.
many thanks

The TR wheels will fit  because I have just swapped a set of 6x15 from my TR to my Stag, but they are very tight as the offset is greater than the Stag wheels.

I actually cut the arch lips narrower when I rebuilt the arches in preparation for this, on my previous Stag I had problems with the tyre rubbing on one arch lip with 6x15s. I bought my Stag with 5.5x15 and these cleared ok, but handled poorly with 195 65 tyres fitted, they really need a 6 inch rim.

Years ago it used to be possible to get Revolutions made to order, I had a set of 6x15 Revolution 5 spokes made to fit my Dolomite, the stud pattern is different, but IIRC the offset is the same as the Stag alloy, but unfortunately I don't actually recall what it was.

Neil

Revolution wheels are now up in Tamworth, part of the SCP group that also sell original Minilite wheels.

01827 641 111

They may have the offset info that you need.

Revs are great wheels, however, the lacquer they use is brittle and water/moisture will get behind them and corrode the alloy, be prepared to have them re-faced at some point.

Quoted from timbancroft61

Revs are great wheels, however, the lacquer they use is brittle and water/moisture will get behind them and corrode the alloy, be prepared to have them re-faced at some point.

I have also experienced that problem with the stag alloys.  

I bought a set of 5 spoke Revvies 6x15 for my Stag last year.  Bear with me while I find who supplied them. They gave me the correct ET value and were a great help.  Revolution themselves were terrible - never answered any of my emails.

Went through my email history and I had contact with Tyresave, duncan at tyresave dot co dot uk
He said that 195 section tyres would be fine on 6x15 Revvies with ET value of 15.  Indeed they are.  Also solved the horrendous vibration the original alloys had.

Julian

• 2 weeks later...

Just a final word on this from me. The wheels and tyres arrived safely and quickly. I can happily say that the wheel judder has completely gone, I've driven the Stag now at speeds well in excess of what I've done in the past, or are ever likely to do again in the future, and the car was vibration free. Result !
Many thanks for the recommendation of Duncan at Tyresave.

Good to hear it is solved. There have been more than few Stag owners who have changed everything in the driveline except the wheels without the vibration being solved.  The original wheels are a good source and should not be overlooked even though you think they are balanced. In practice they aren't due to difference in mounting.

Julian

• 10 months later...

I`ve been trying to find some alloy wheels for my stag not the standard alloys or wire wheels something a bit more stylish instead of the steel rims, but to no avail...( I live in Denmark) anyone with any ideas ??

What style would you prefer?  There is Cosmic such as Mike has, Revolution such as mine.  Don't see these two much on Stags.
Wolfrace style is somewhat popular.  And obviously the Minilite style that is very popular.
15" helps with tyre choice too I've understood.

Julian

thanks for your replys  i´m still searching but not that easy over here, contacted tyre/ wheel companies but no luck, the cosmics look a lot better than the standard alloys, anybody know where I can hold of a set ??

• 3 weeks later...