Which camshaft?

Craig Bennett

Decided to strip my old P.I engine down from my estate over the weekend. I was mainly interested in checking the spec of the cam as had been told it was a TR5 cam when bought the engine some years ago. Engine always ran well and revved to 6000rpm pulling strongly as Mr Chatterton I'm sure will testify! Countless times flew past the 'Yellow Peril' on way back from club meets, much to his disgust as my estate was a real ratter!! Anyway cam is marked Stanpart and has MC 24333 number on it. Sprocket end appears to have one 'ring' so am I right in presuming it is a TR5 cam? Bit past it anyway, finish on some lobes is starting to deteriorate so unfortunately not really useable!

Reason for asking is am just about to do a bit of a 'freshen up' on BWK as getting a bit tired now. Got new S head and was hoping to use this cam, TR6 spec metering unit etc.

Thanks for that. Would appear it is a TR5 cam then. Have to say not really sure what to do as BWK goes very well at moment on original metering unit etc. Just puffing a bit of blue now (valve  guides) and slight oil seepage from nearside of block. Thought good idea to use the NOS S head I acquired. May well keep original cam as engine pulls well anyway. Thanks for all your help. Regards.

Archived