Crankshaft Identification

Greeks

I'm not sure quite what crankshaft I have in my engine, but having had a look at it last weekend I jotted down the following:

At one end:
17740 (then possibly an arrow or 'T' or '1')
JGSB

T'other end:
"2152
Stanpart"

Should any of those numbers give me a clue?  :-/

• 1 month later...

2500 Cranks

TR5

TR6

2.5PI MkI

2.5PI MkII

2.5TC & S

Sorry Graham thats all I can find I reckon someone meant to stamp 311322 and was pissed and got 311313  ;D

Wonder what the difference was between the TR6 ( 307546 ) and the 2.5Mk Saloon ( 216538 ) cranks before they commonised them in ( 311322 )?

NIce and clean inside your motor Mr Reeks... very tidy... suprised the oil pump was chafed up ??)

I have heard from a few sources that the oil plugs are a pain to fit / work loose etc so were unpopular with quicky rebuild mobs and you could get NOS late cranks for about 10 quid a few years back....

All that cross drilling leads to better lube but lower oil pressure so if you don't care for your motor the better lube can also be its downfall if you let it get out of hand (leg out of bed)

TBH even 'blueprinted' oil pump isn't giving that much better oil pressure ... but i'm over it  ;D

I saw GT's comments about PSI at 5,000rpm being 50-60 to be safe (assuming that's what he meant to say  ;) ) - mine's up over 80 at that  8)

Over Christmas though I did finally have to put a pint of oil in - I reckon a pint over 6,000 miles isn't too bad.

Crank's 40thou over now, must have been done to 20 before  :-/

... i've got some NOS standard size Vandervell Mains knocking around somewhere ... would have been nice to have had a NOS crank to fit into them ;D

i `ve just read this thread after finding a brand new crank in my shed together with some stuff that will make you all cry but i`ll leave that till later, having read the first question and first reply i`m a little bit confused as this new crank is  311313, can someone confirm which crank it is as richard reply has confused me.

You know fuzzy, it makes me feel so much better that there's another person who has no idea what it is.

I did wonder if this is another 'spares' like the cylinder head mentioned in the other thread.

My crank's 40 thou over now, though  :-/

Archived