Water pump housing - bolts

Mr Elsie

3815 wrote:
Hi, anyone got any tips on removing a stubborn water housing bolt?  Just doesn't want to budge. Soaked what I can see in wd40 but still refusing to budge. ANy more pressure and I reckon it will shear off  :'(

That's why they're supposed to be studs and nuts, the holes go into the gallery in the pump housing so invariably go rusty quite quickly.

Maybe try some heat, blow torch or similar, otherwise shear it off then drill out what remains

Gordon

That_Man wrote:

That's why they're supposed to be studs and nuts, the holes go into the gallery in the pump housing so invariably go rusty quite quickly.

Maybe try some heat, blow torch or similar, otherwise shear it off then drill out what remains

Gordon

Studs? Looked on the diagrams on website and they look like bolts. It's snapped off by the way!!!! @&£:;&£@

half hour job has turned into a massive pain...

Managed to get the housing over the sheared bolt. Did it want to slide off without an effort...oh no.... Bolt is now accessible so will be trying a stud extractor tool I've got first of all and see how I get on (if it stops raining that is)