chrome screen insert (spitfire hardtop)

WIMPUS

MikeyB wrote:
Bill Davies, Rarebits 4 Classics - posts here on the forum.

Bought a nice long length from him at Stoneleigh for the GT6, priced by metre

i've asked the price here in belgium at a guy who workes in the weekend at a place here that sells british car parts .. for 3 metre it was nearly 18 euro !  ??) for some plastic ** :-/

but i contacted Bill Davies , he mailed my this evening back and he sells them for 2 pounds /metre .. so if i look it up for 3 metre it's 7euro !!  with shipping maybe 10 euro or something.. but still cheaper then here ! ;) and you need to get it also then ..

Thanks again ! ;)

Got the trim in my mail today from 'Rarebits4Classics' ;) looks better then the one i bought 2 years ago .

Now another thing .. i had a try to cut it (on the old piece) .. but how is the best way to do it ? also to get the angle's a bit right ?  :-/

The original trim had corner finishers pieces, similar to those which join the front screen trim, but with an angle; there is no need for a precise angle as the join is completely covered. These have sadly been unavailable for a couple of decades, I've only ever seen old ones sourced from scrap hardtops.
For cutting the finisher, I use one of these, or something very similar:
http://www.streuter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=234

There are doubtless other equally good cutters. To cut a precise angle (in the absence of corner finishers) you are likely to benefit from the precision of a razor saw:
http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/Engineering_Menu_Zona_Razor_Saws_224.html

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Bill.