Alex

Do you mean the bullet mirror?  The mirror glass is just glued on to the threaded mount, if I recall correctly.  Have a glass place cut a new round mirror, dissassemble the mirror & break/chisel the old mirror from the mount, clean the mount, & glue the new one on with heavy-duty construction adhesive.

Disassemble the mirror first, in case I've remembered the mirror construction incorrectly.

That is really interesting.  Is it a home market/North American export difference for the GT6's originally?

1968 North American GT-6 factory brochure: photos show absence of door mirrors
1968 Road & Track, April:  Review of GT-6, photos show driver's side bullet mirror
1969 (probably) North American GT-6+ factory brochure: photos show driver's side rectangular mirror
1970 North American GT-6+ factory brochure: photos show driver's side bullet mirror
1970 North American GT-6+ factory showroom spec sheet: photo shows driver's side bullet mirror
1972 North American GT-6 Mk3 factory brochure: photos show driver's side bullet mirror
1972 North American GT-6 Mk3 factory showroom spec sheet: photo shows driver's side bullet mirror

All driver's side bullet mirrors in the above, except 1968 factory brochure (shows no mirror, althoug the car R&T got that year had a driver's side bullet mirror), & the undated (probably 1969) GT-6+ factory brochure showing the rectangular door mirror (although the 1970 GT-6+ brocure showed a bullet mirror). 

I recall seeing only the bullet mirrors on GT-6's here.
Mine came with its driver-side bullet mirror.
I think the cover of BL's parts manual for the GT-6 Mk3 has a drawing with a bullet mirror.
I have always associated the rectangular mirrors with MG's (especially MGB-Gt's), & wondered when I saw a photo of a GT6 with rectangular mirrors why someone would put them on.

Yes thats right CharlieB, and I'd also agree on your point about gt6 mirrors. A friend used  to be into mini's and he said that the bullet style mirror gave you next to no rear vision is that true on a spit/gt6?

Archived