Door handle nylon plunger woes

Freebird

Hi All

Both door handles have ceased to function on the Spitfire due to the nylon plungers shown below giving up the ghost. I understand this is a common problem. I can probably make them work, but they will alway be weak.

I ordered a pair of alloy replacements from Rimmers, but they have none in stock and placed their order on the supplier in August last year and still no sign of a delivery date.

Canley's are also out of stock with a similar story to tell I assume.

Options?

Strange co-incidence but the manufacturer of these contacted me yesterday.

They have had 'issues' over the past few months with another large organisation which has led to most of their Triumph product lines becoming unavailable.

The problem is resolved, but unfortunately 520260, and 520261 door handle repairs (they have been made in alloy in recent years, not plastic) are not a high priority in amongst everything else they produce. It could be many months before they make any new stock.

Use the part numbers above and ring around the trade to see if they are still holding stock from last summer (last time they were available from manufacturer).