Door glass adjustment

Ron

Despite all the help you gave me about fitting the door window in my Vitesse resto, I still haven't been able to resolve the problem.

Basically there are two problems:

Firstly: The glass appears to lean towards the B post, you can, hopefully, see from the pictures that the top of the glass at the front is proud of the quarterlight and as the glass goes up it gets closer to the B post until it actually overlaps it at the top by s few millimeters. Now everything is in place, adjusted as much as it can be and tightened up.

Secondly: The glass won't wind up to the top of the quarterlight. The winding mechanism is at the end of the two slots in the lower glass channel and there's no more movement to allow the glass to go any further.

I'm totally stumped!
Help please?  :( :'(

Bill (from Rarebits) asked for some piccies of my problematic window winding mechanism, and here they are. I don't know if they will be of any help Bill but I hope you'll be able to spot something.
I have noticed that there is much more room in the right side slot in the glass channel then there is in the left hand one (see picture). This probably means that the glass is too far to one side in the channel and need centralising. This would probably allow the glass to go to the top now but would it solve the problem of it being too far to one side?

Cheers,

Ron

Well there's nothing that jumps out immediately as wrong.
With the winder mechanism disconnected from the glass channel, does that wind up and down through it's full range?
Again with the mechanism disconnected, will the glass move up and down properly along it's full range, while remaining in it's channels?

I'm assuming that the rail along the bottom edge of the doorglass hasn't been removed at any point? And that the bracing wire between front and rear channels has now been installed?

Finally one for the mods - is it possible to merge posts on Ron's windows into one thread? It's very difficult to jump between information provided in different threads to establish what's going on,

Cheers,
Bill.

I can see now from my own photos and the diagrams posted by marktheherald (most useful and thanks, by the way) that my glass channel isn't quite right. It's too far back on the glass, this will certainly stop it going to the top of the quarterlight channel. The glass channel is also more horizontal than the diagram shows, this may well account for the glass leaning towards the B Post. Over the weekend I'll take the glass out again and reposition the glass channel and keep my fingers crossed, watch this space, as they say.

Cheers,

Ron

For now I have locked theis thread.  To avoid haveing to look at two threads please respond to this one on the Title Thread "Door Glass Audjustment"  Tried to merge but no luck.

If any or the other Mods can merge please do so.   Thanks:  Bill

To Bill at RareBits:  For now I have locked the old thread.  Made a small change to thread title but my merge system gave me a ERROR.   I have asked if any of the other mods can merge.  

I left a message on the older thread for everyone to post here.

Your, Mod's at (or trying) work.  Bill

Well, I've moved the glass within the channel to the correct measurements and that's certainly sorted out the problem of the glass not going up high enough. But if anything it's made the glass overlap the B post even more. I'm really at a loss now and have decided to give it a rest for the moment. There are other jobs that I ned to do and then I'll come back to this problem last.(Otherwise I might take a lump hammer to it!!)