LTV Dutch Night Rally 2021

Beans

It's been a while since you heard from us. At least the developments around the Covid virus are slowly starting to look more positive over here. This also enables us to gather in larger groups. And based on this we have decided to organise the 32th edition of our “Nachtrit”.
As it is still difficult to predict what the situation concerning the Covid crisis will be by the end of October. So to be able us to let the 2021 edition to continue, the format is slightly different than you are used to. The rally is scheduled for the evening of Saturday October the 30th. The starting point is the parking area at the Roda JC stadium (start for the 10CR2015!) . If there are restrictive circumstances, they can be easily maintained here. The start time has been moved to 19:00 hrs. The length of the rally will be approximately 150 km and there will be no midway halt, so the end time is not too late. We recommend eating before the start of the rally. Around the parking area are several (fast food) restaurants such as Burger King, Happy Italia, Domino's Pizza, etc. Those who want to stay overnight will have to organize this themselves.

You can now register at nachtrit2021@hccnet.nl. The entry fee for the event, including a Rally plate is €15.00 per team.
The email with the registration form will be sent in mid-August. So barring a curfew, the rally continues. Mark it in your calendar:
Saturday October 30th, Parking area Parkstad Stadium, 6466 NH Kerkrade.

2015-09-10_03 Start Roda JC stadion.jpeg

Edited by Beans
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today we drove the route for the first time and immediately put it on paper. Despite the fewer kilometers it promises to be an exciting ride again. Attached are some photos "on track" Take a good look at them, because you will see little of them during the Nachtrit 2021!

241198802_360755655757772_4640529522482690200_n.jpg

241205496_360756242424380_7070257912186643_n.jpg

241212693_360755919091079_6389323942640054061_n.jpg

241300956_360756132424391_824280273144357965_n.jpg

241372272_360755812424423_1668200189476931361_n.jpg

• Like 1

I have been really hoping that the situation would improve enough for this event to go ahead.  I have not done one for a few years but have always enjoyed them greatly!

I'll keep an open mind on attendance to this one, however the riduculous situation of rip off priced mandatory Covid testing make it unlikely I'll be leaving the UK anytime soon - but there are a couple of months for things to change!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyb said:

I have been really hoping that the situation would improve enough for this event to go ahead.  I have not done one for a few years but have always enjoyed them greatly!

I'll keep an open mind on attendance to this one, however the riduculous situation of rip off priced mandatory Covid testing make it unlikely I'll be leaving the UK anytime soon - but there are a couple of months for things to change!

We've been thinking along the same lines..... fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

The edition for tonight has been cancelled due to the current Covid restrictions.
The provisional new date for the event is the 19th of March 2022.

But I am not not involved in the organisation,
and as such will only promote our own event later in the year 🤪

Edited by Beans

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Not looking good for a spring run out!

My local town, here in France, organises a big event in March each year and according to this week's local paper the question of it being cancelled (again) has been raised.

All these events need a lot of advance planning so although March is 3 months away in terms of planning it is very soon.

Fingers crossed that spring will see these things happen - we all need something good to look forward to.

21 minutes ago, Rosbif said:

My local town, here in France, organises a big event in March each year and according to this week's local paper the question of it being cancelled (again) has been raised.

All these events need a lot of advance planning so although March is 3 months away in terms of planning it is very soon.

Fingers crossed that spring will see these things happen - we all need something good to look forward to.

Bon chance!

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

France has now opened its borders to the British. So lets hope this is the ` beginning of the end, or the start of the beginning of the end` and tripping abroad can begin again.

Yes the Brits are already here! The news last night spoke to some who immediately booked flights and skiing holidays. Let's hope it is a good sign for spring 🤞