carmadmike

Hi 

Just about to fit a new hood cover to my vitesse. I have changed the front header rail and adjusted up the frame so the glass fits on the rubbers around the windows. Does anyone have any hints, tips or instructions to fit the cover to the Frame. Also I have to fit new webbing to the frame as well. I am using some old seat belts. 

Thanks in advance. 

Mike 

I used old seatbelts, but have a feeling they are too strong, so make sure they are not under any tension when the hood is up. You want tension in the hood, the straps are guides.

I find herald/vitesse hoods tricky, and never been totally happy with the putcome. Probably as the 2 I have done came with cars and were probably cheap ones that the previous owner had bought. Anyway, it is a case of starting at the back and working forwards. The comment about a hot, sunny day is very relevant, and it is better than using a heater from experience. 

Be prepared to peel the front and re-try if you are unhappy, doesn't take long, and not easy to get it all central and tight. Chalk is useful for marking the hood centre and so on.

Hi

having a bit of trouble getting the hood to fit.

It is a zip out rear window hood with no rear quarter windows which I brought from a company in may 2017.

The trouble I'm having is with the rear window which seams to be curved from the bottom inwards to the top where it meets the rear hood frame. Is this normal for a zip out window hood as the last one was a fixed window and was nice and straight. Does anyone have any picture's of a zip out window hood to show me how it should look. Also it seams about an inch short across the front header rail. Could it be that it has shrunk.

Any help greatly appreciated 

Thanks 

Mike. 

Quoted from carmadmike-

Thanks for the info and advise hoping to have a go sometime next week. If you think of anything else I will be grateful. 

Mike. 

Quoted from carmadmike-

Hi

Does anybody know where the chrome trim fits on the hood above the rear window.

Is it on the seam above or below the seam in the hood.

Thanks 

Mike.

Quoted from malcty-
Quoted from carmadmike-

Thanks for the info and advise hoping to have a go sometime next week. If you think of anything else I will be grateful. 

Mike. 

Quoted from carmadmike-

Hi

Thanks 

Mike.

Mike have ,hopefully, attached 3 photos just taken of my vitesse hood, which is a perfect fit ( not by me ).Malc.

Quoted from malcty-
Quoted from malcty-
Quoted from carmadmike-

Mike. 

Quoted from carmadmike-

Hi

Thanks 

Mike.

Mike have ,hopefully, attached 3 photos just taken of my vitesse hood, which is a perfect fit ( not by me ).Malc.

Try again with another photo of rear window chrome strip. Malc

• 3 years later...

Hi Stephan

I needed one for my restoration project and couldn’t find any supplier. I did see Rimmers were selling them but don’t appear to have any left.

they occasionally come up on eBay which is where I finally found one.

You could try Chic Doig as they have had them in the past - they might make them to order as they make a lot of their own panels etc?

good luck 

phil