Set of keys and barrels needed?

rcope

I have recently bought a Spitfire Mk41972. My teenage sons and I are gradually working through it, they are learning a huge amount. So am I. My apologies if my first post is a foolish question  

I have two boots locks, two door locks, one ignition in the “sealed” unit on the column and a spare barrel. I have one ignition key and one door key. The ignition key will not go into the ignition and the door key only opens one of the locks!

Is it best I just buy a new set of barrels for the boot and doors, and a new ignition key and barrel. I presume I can somehow open the sealed unit, I suspect  I have to drill out the shear bolts, circled in green but would rather remove the spring pins circled in red but how do I do that?

Shear bolts are quite easy to get out if you cut a slot in them, I tend to use an angle grinder. It is even possible to undo them using a sharp punch and hammer to slowly rotate the bolt, then grab with pliers etc once a little loose.

Some people have "played" with lock barrels by swapping tumblers about, think there are instructions somewhere. Keep you busy for a while!

Thank you..  I’d like to see if I can get the spring pins out but you would normally punch them out. They are minute too!

l can see how to remove the shear bolts by putting a slot in them and might do that. 

Thank you.
 Quoted from RobPearce-

If you can find a new set of locks, that's probably the easiest fix. I'm slightly surprised, though - my GT6 has door locks that anything flat will open, and my Spitfire's locks were all like that until I replaced them.

Thank you.  Shear bolts off and steering lock released.  Barrel out and now need a replacement!  
Quoted from cliftyhanger-

Shear bolts are quite easy to get out if you cut a slot in them, I tend to use an angle grinder. It is even possible to undo them using a sharp punch and hammer to slowly rotate the bolt, then grab with pliers etc once a little loose.

Some people have "played" with lock barrels by swapping tumblers about, think there are instructions somewhere. Keep you busy for a while!

If your're not too worried about originality you could do what I did. Got sick of trying to find ignition switch in the dark.

I stripped out the lock/switch from the steering column and put a key start switch in the dash. Not too difficult to extend the wires a bit.

Tony.