Door striker plate slider

Rosbif

They are to help the striker plate be a snug, rattle-free (!!) fit inside the lock plate.  They should be relatively free-moving against spring tension.  They do appreciate lubrication and should be oiled/greased regularly, along with a smear of grease on the top surface of the striker plate to help the door opening/closing action.

Nick

And to add it stops the door lifting and disengaging the cam lock from the striker

as it is sprung to close the 'gap'    its quite important its free and the spring returns the wedge ,
springs fail and are not available, I have with a bit of reforming managed to repair some with springs from an assortment box or even the odd retractable ball pen.

pete

Thanks for additional info Pete. I only noticed the wedge on the passenger side today when adjusting the plate,. It didn't seem to  spring back easily so a good clean and oil to start with . If that doesn't do the trick I'll be raiding my stock of biros.
I suppose I should look at the driver's side as well 😉

i was thinking door hinges ,  locks , throttle linkages , handbrake lever and ratchet, and all things
generally need de squeaking and always get forgotten ,  the list is endless but a  regular squirt keeps the
abandoned and often hidden things running remarkable more smoothly

so its a john wayne stance with grease in one hand and oily mitts in the other
Pete

Quoted from scotty71
Do not forget to replace the rubber gaskets behind the striker plates

I didn't actually dismantle the plate just squirted WD40 at the slider. I don't even know if the rubber gasket is there or not. (think)

What the eye doesn't see (or not see) the heart doesn't miss.(cool)