gt6 door glass window seal

system6

Hi all
      Just wondering were,s the best place to get the door glass outer seal from . I,ve completed my resto and bought the seals from canleys but i had to cut them to fit and does not look the best...can you buy them pre-formed
  Cheers all S

First set i got came from 'the brothers' - I wasn't sure of them comparing against the old ones, so ordered a set from CC's....which were more like the old ones and the inner ones were nice and velour like.

Both the sets had moulded depressions for where the clips go...

I did have to do a bit of minor trimming around the 1/4light, and both ends have a 'hole' which the seals will never cover or seal..... I have just made sure rain / water can escape easily at the bottom and the insides of the door were waxed to death.

I might do them again sometime, see if can get it better, but they will do for now

Top tip - dont use your 3/8ths ratchet handle to apply downward force on the seal whilst pulling up with the tool........you end up with a 3 inch gouge in your door paint   🤔

hi ...oh... i brought mine from canleys and came as one length of seal which i had to trim to fit around the 1/4 light....there were no mouldings on what they sent me.......is every gt6's outer door seal the same having to trim it your self to fit ....nothing out there pre-formed/moulded to fit straight in 🤔
      cheers S

The rubber strip which points down inside the door should have moulded rectangular depressions (the rubber strip is thinner) at about 5 or 6 places equally spaced along its length - makes it a bit easier 🤔 to get the clips on.

I think the only thing that 'fitted straight on' on my build were the wheels 😀

PS - I am most definitely not taking one of the seals off to show the moulded depressions  

You don't need to trim the seal around the quarter light other than cutting it to length. It is certainly a VERY tight fit though. I used a large flat-headed screwdriver and rubber mallet to ease the strip in the gap which worked fine. It's actually good that it is so tight because the seal needs to deform around the vertical posts in this area do it needs to be firmly held. I got my strip from Rimmers. Attaching the clips........? Now that almost broke my heart.

Ken....I had to cut mine length ways where the1/4 light starts and finnish,s to get it in thats the bit i,m not happy with,  ...also i,m sure when i removed the original seal it wrapped around the front of the 1/4 light and sat in a slot in the door and also a slot in the door the other end above the door lock....when body work was done as part of the resto those slots are there and look a bit odd nothing in them.....has any one else got the dame problem?
      cheers  S

Yes.... Neither of the 2 sets of seals, and they were different to each other, had any way of filling or covering those 'slots' at each end of the door. I also had to trim a small amount off lengthwise along the 1/4light part, just so it looked a bit neater against the 1/4light.

Yes, VERY tight in between.... The last clip I have is just before the 1/4light as couldn't get another one on.

When I wash the GT, you can see the water pours down these 'slots' and into the door - which is not ideal to say the least, hence why I waxed the inside and the mechanism in there to death, and made sure the water is free to flow out the bottom.

Could use clear sealant I suppose, but far from ideal.