vitesse door cappings

Mike Evans

have recently bought a vitesse to add to the collection (will get done next year)

while i wait to make a start ive been collecting parts etc

the door and rear quarter cappings are missing and the previous owner didnt know the car should even have them although the doors and tub have holes for them

my question is, are these cappings ebay Item number: 140652549667, too expensive as i feel that i could get some new ones made for less than these used ones are going for

or does anyone know if they are available new

i have a friend that is a cabinet maker but havnt seen him yet to see if he can make some for me

any help would be apreciated

cheers mike

how much would you want for  the front ones colin?

what would you take for the rears steve?, i think i would get them coppied as a set along with a new dash facia

would there be a good market for some replacement sets as i dont think my mate is that busy at the minute?

Steve paid me £10 a piece lat month, so same again i guess.

With the varnish stripped off and redone with a suitable product (not a tin of varnish from B&Q!!) they will be like new.

I think a Rustins spray product is one suitabkle one.

I'll fish them out and also look to see if i have any rears.

Cheers

Colin

perfect, i dont mind refinishing them or at least using them for a template, have a look to see if you have any rears and just let me know, no mad panic for these as the cars not at the top of the que,

need to do the 1200 coupe next when i finish the saloon we are on with, only had the coupe a year without touching it yet :B

you wouldnt have a good chassis for the coupe lying around would you?

Archived