Another Alternator question

Asclepius

Hi, I am very inexperienced in Spitfires and cars in general, but have been tasked by my parents with getting their 1972 mk IV Spitfire running. I had gotten it running about six months ago, but when I went back to college certain sinister elements decided to cut out all the wiring (including some hoses that looked too much like wires), which put me back to square one. I have gotten everything back in place as well as I could following wiring diagrams, but one thing I cannot find sources on anywhere is the Lucas alternator. The one we have doesn't quite look like any pictures I can find on the web or these forums, and I am very wary of wiring it wrong. Could anyone tell me where I should plug the different cables in? Thanks.

Here's a picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KKr4HLcYnUQm5fTHlaS3N6TVE/view?usp=sharing

Can you take the alternator off and find a number stamped into the body? Even a manufacturer will help. Unless it obviously says so, there is no guarantee that it's even still a Lucas unit.

Welcome to the forum too.

Also, we like photos here, we REALLY like photos. They can explain an awful lot.