rhys

just a bit of help please. I have removed the regulator box and bought a 4 blade fuse box to accept the common type spades which I think is 6mm. But today I noticed that the majority of the spades used on the regulator box are 8mm would this still be suitable as the box I bought is okay for up to 30amps or would I need a better one. Also I have the following wires:

2 yellow
1 yellow and green
2 brown and blue
2 brown
1 black

Is this the right way to go:
1. Join the two yellow wires together in a spade and connect to one terminal on the fuse box.
2. connect a spade on the yellow and green wire and connect to the opposing side of the two yellow wires on the fuse box.
3. join the two brown and blue wires together in a spade and connect to another terminal on the fuse box.
4. join the two brown wires with a spade and connect to the opposing side of the brown and blue wires on the fuse box
5. discard the black wire

Last but not least what size fuses should I use between these two terminals? Any help would be great

I've done this several times and have never used fuses or additional fuseboxes.  I have either filed little connector pieces out of copper sheet to bypass the Voltage Reg Box, or on the Spit I hacked out the internals of the Voltage Reg Box and bridged the appropriate terminals internally by soldered wire.

Good guide for conversion here -

http://www.minimania.com/web/SCatagory/ELECTRICAL/DisplayType/Technical%20Information/DisplayID/28/ArticleV.cfm

Cheers

Mike!

I have soldered the 2 yellow and the 1 yellow and green wires together. I have then soldered the 2 brown and blue and the 2 brown wires together and have removed the black. Can any1 confirm this is right??? Also I have 1 large spade which is conected to the large connector on the alternator but their are also two small conectors on the alternator aswell and I only have one wire. Does it just go onto anyone. any help will be great. Mikey B I decided to do away with a fusebox like you said cheers

Archived