Camo

I am after one of these after coming into some money, who actually sells the 6-3-1 as opposed to the 6-2-1  that people warn you off.
Which ones do MOSS sell ? anyone got one of them ?

Also are they really that hard to get them to fit, can the engine be tilted enough to avoid the steering column, plus if i tilt it that should help with the fitting of the HS6s
any help or advice is welcomed as you all know they are expensive !!!
I can't cut and re-weld it either, do not have those skills or tools.
Stuart

thanks but I have read those and still don't feel too confident in spending the best part of £300 for a part that may not please me !!
I think I will pop to MOSS tomorrow and have a look in the flesh and see what I think

thanks
Stuart

Hi Stuart, I`v recently fitted one of these, purchased from Jigsaw, I think the make is Phoenix! Fitted in with the engine in situ, b****y difficult but can be done. Things to look for, better if you can tilt the engine to one side, the stainless steel water pipe on my vitesse needed "modifying" to fit behind the manifold, not difficult just fiddly. Use cap head bolts (allen key headed) instead of the std studs, it makes it so much easier to tighten the fittings. Check all the flanges for flatness and run a file over them to remove any blobs of weld from the manufacturing process.  You may have to loosen or remove the steering column, mine was a very tight fit and even now only has 2-3mm of clearance between the manifold and column.  I`ll try and post some pics to give you a better idea.

Thanks for the invite Steve, I did however decide overnight not to go ahead with the manifold at this time, I think I am running before can walk. I need to fit and tune the HS6s first and I really should use the £250 to buy inertia seatbelts and other equally urgent items like maybe a new hood.
Shame I can't go to Stoneleigh but theres nothing I can't source elsewhere right now. I loved it last year but had a spitfire that needed loads of small bits, the Vitesse has most body panels in the garage already just waiting for the right time.
I have Volts and Oil gauges to fit, carbs to sort, plenty to do before I really need to think about exhausts.....
thanks for the advice I do actually know more about it all now.

Stuart

Archived