When I first had Woody it was fitted with cheepie tyres by the previous owner.  Handling was terrible - as though it had gobs of putty on each corner and sudden weird handling that was downright dangerous.

Changed them for Maxxis and the handling was transformed for the better so do be careful with very cheap tyres.

MUT

Ill Need to change to emarked road tyres next year for one of the hrcr series. Energys sound good. What about vredestein? Need to be 185  Ã— 13 can be 65s now. With the gravel rally tyres i currently use nothing road tyre appears to touch them for grip. Also put soft compound front and medium compound rear. Which contradicts having the less grippy tyres on the front from the old crossply / radial adverts. But is perfectly balanced and stable in practice. Tried some e marked falkens which had top ratings for grip and braking for a night rally and was not impressed. Bucket fulls of understeer and hairy no grip braking moments. Dont be fooled by the e ratings although I am comparing them to a rally tyre so maybe a little unfair.